Makes 6 servings
- 2 Tablespoons minced onion
- 2 Tablespoons butter or margarine
- 4 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1 can (16 oz.) dark red kidney beans
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Drain beans; set aside. In large skillet, sauté onion in butter until limp but not brown. Add cabbage, honey, wine and beans. Cover and cook slowly 30 to 40 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add more wine or water, if needed. Taste and add salt and pepper, as desired.
Recipe courtesy of The National Honey Board.