* 6 cup Butternut squash, seeded and cut into 2″ chunks (about 2 squash)
* Melted butter for brushing
* 1 tablespoon Kosher salt plus 1 teaspoon
* 1 1/2 teaspoon White pepper
* 3 cup Chicken or vegetable stock
* 4 tablespoon Savannah Bee Company Tupelo Honey
* 1 teaspoon Fresh ginger, minced
* 4 ounce Heavy cream
* 1/4 teaspoon Ground nutmeg
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Brush the flesh of the squash with butter and season with one tablespoon salt and one teaspoon white pepper. On a sheet pan, lay the squash flesh side up. Roast for about 30 to 35 minutes or until the flesh is nice and soft.
Scoop the flesh from the skin into a pot and add the stock, Savannah Bee Company Tupelo Honey, and ginger. Bring to a simmer and puree using a stick blender. Stir in the heavy cream and return to a low simmer. Season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
Recipe courtesy of Alton Brown