* 1 eggplant, peeled, cut crosswise into 1/8-inch-thick rounds (about 32)
* 4 cup water
* 2 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 2/3 cup all purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1 cup whole milk
* 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
* Olive oil (for frying)
* 1/4 cup Savannah Bee Company Acacia Honey
* 3 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
* 2 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves
Place eggplant in large bowl. Add 4 cups water and 2 teaspoons salt. Let soak 30 minutes. Drain well; pat eggplant dry with paper towels.
Mix flour, baking powder, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in medium bowl. Whisk in milk and eggs.
Heat enough oil to come 1/2 inch up sides of pan in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Working in batches, dip eggplant rounds in batter, then fry in oil until golden, about 30 seconds per side. Transfer to paper towels to drain.
Warm Savannah Bee Company Acacia Honey in small saucepan over medium heat. Place eggplant rounds on platter. Drizzle with honey. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and mint; serve warm or at room temperature.
Courtesy of Epicurious.com