From Chef Ricardo Zárate
Makes 4 servings
- === For the ceviche sauce ===
- 1/3 cup honey
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/4 red onion
- 4 stalks celery
- 1/8 lb. fresh sea bass
- 1 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 Tablespoon aji amarillo paste
- === For the ceviche ===
- 1 lb. fresh sea bass, diced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- Red serrano chili, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
Notes: Aji Amarillo paste is a yellow Peruvian chili paste available in Latin supermarkets. You may also use any chili paste of your choice. You can substitute the serrano chili for jalapeño or habanero chili.
Preparation: In a blender, blend all the ceviche sauce ingredients together.
Mix the ceviche sauce with all the ingredients of the ceviche and let them marinate for 15 minutes before serving.
Recipe courtesy of the National Honey Board.