Makes 2 servings
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cored and seeded
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons Savannah Bee Company honey
- 3 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried basil, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 whole lettuce leaves
- 2 oz. goat cheese
- Toasted baguettes
Thinly slice red pepper. Sauté pepper, onion and garlic in oil 10 minutes or until onion and pepper are tender. Add honey, vinegar, basil, salt and pepper; cook and stir over medium-high heat until glazed. Serve on lettuce line plates with goat cheese and toasted baguettes.
Recipe courtesy of the National Honey Board.