Makes 6 servings
- 3 large red onions (about 3 lbs.)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 Tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon paprika (preferably sweet Hungarian)
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
Peel and cut onions in half crosswise. Place cut side down in shallow baking dish just large enough to hold all onions in one layer. Sprinkle with water; cover with aluminum foil. Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes. Turn onions cut side up. Combine remaining ingredients. Spoon half of mixture over onions. Return to oven and bake, uncovered, 15 minutes. Baste with remaining honey mixture; continue baking 15 minutes or until tender.
Recipe courtesy of The National Honey Board.