Makes 9 servings
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups zucchini, coarsely shredded
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, cored, rinsed and torn into pieces*
- 1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup seasoned croutons
- 1 cup grape tomatoes or tomato wedges
Combine first six ingredients thoroughly in blender or shake in a jar. Pour over zucchini. Chill 30 minutes or more. Place lettuce in a large salad bowl. Add zucchini mixture and toss lightly. Garnish with onion, croutons, and tomatoes. *6 cups of mixed greens may be substituted for iceberg lettuce.
Recipe courtesy of The National Honey Board.