Makes 6 servings
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cups diagonally sliced fresh asparagus
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup chicken broth or water
- 1/2 cup crumbled matzos, optional
Sauté onions in oil until softened. Add asparagus and mushrooms; sauté until crisp-tender. Add seasonings and mix well. Divide vegetables into 6 oiled 6-ounce ramekins or custard cups. Mix broth into eggs. Pour egg mixture evenly over vegetables. If desired, sprinkle matzo over top. Bake at 350°F for 25 to 30 minutes or until knife blade inserted near center comes out clean.
Recipe courtesy of The National Honey Board.