Makes 12 pints
- 4 cups light honey
- 2 cups beet juice from canned beets
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 16 cups fresh or canned beets, whole (small or large), sliced
Bring all ingredients except beets to a boil in a large soup pot. (You may need more than one pot.) Add beets. Simmer 15 minutes. Let cool, then place in covered jars in refrigerator. Refrigerate at least 3 days before using. Keeps 2 to 3 months in refrigerator.
Recipe courtesy of The National Honey Board.